***If you are having problems with iCloud, consider switching to Dropbox. When problems arise with iCloud, we have limited ability to diagnose because iCloud is closed to developers***
If you are having trouble with iCloud syncing, try these troubleshooting steps:
- Close then reopen RecipeTin. Exiting RecipeTin by pressing the Home Button does not close RecipeTin. It remains running in the background. Follow these steps to close RecipeTin.
- iOS7 – double click the home button. Swipe left/right to locate RecipeTin, then swipe up
- iOS6 and prior – double click the home button. Swipe left/right to locate RecipeTin. Touch and hold the icon, then tap the red Delete button that appears on the top left corner of the icon.
- Turn your device off, then turn it back on. Many iOS problems can be resolved this way. Follow these steps to turn off your device:
- Hold down the sleep/wake button at the top right-hand corner of your device for a few seconds.
- This will bring up a screen asking you to run the slider across the screen to turn off your iPhone/iPad.
- Move the slider to the right. A progress wheel will appear, then your device will turn off.
- To turn it back on again, just hold down the sleep/wake button again until the Apple icon appears on the screen.
- Then let the button go and then wait for your device to start up.
- Make sure your device Date & Time is correct. We strongly recommend enabling the Set Automatically option (Device Settings > General > Date & Time).
If you are still having problems, please follow these steps.
Step 1: Disable iCloud sync on all devices.
- In RecipeTin Settings, tap Sync Settings.
- Turn iCloud to the OFF position.
Step 2: Enable iCloud on one device.
- It is important to do this on one device at a time.
- Turn iCloud to the ON position
- Wait until the sync has completed before using your app. The larger your recipe library, the longer it may take for the sync to complete.
Step 3: Enable iCloud sync on your other devices, one by one.
- Follow the step 2 steps for each device, one by one. It is important to do them one by one.